There I said it. I love to check my Facebook throughout the day whenever I get time. On Facebook, people have tagged me to write 25 random things about myself. I thought I would get double credit and put it up here too.
1. I am not sure I know what I want to be when I grow up. I went to graduate school to work in administration at a college. I think I have a calling but I just haven't been called yet.
2. I am addicted to Coca-Cola. I would weigh 110 lbs if I could not drink it. I love it and don't want to live my life without it. So, I will own these curves and get over it.
3. I didn't want children until I got married.
4. Speaking of marriage, my husband and I went on one date and then didn't go on another for two years. Luckily, we ended up in the same class right before I graduated from Mount Union.
5. I met Oprah once. I could barely speak and I asked to shake her hand. I am still shocked that I was so in awe that I couldn't function. A member of her staff took our picture but I never received a copy of it. Bummer.
6. In high school, I didn't really fit into a group. I played the piano, violin, was in the orchestra, musicals and I was a cheerleader. No clique for people like me.
7. My Dad calls me Doobie. He thinks it is from Scooby-Doo (Doobie, Doobie Doo). None of my friends believe him. He barely drinks let alone smokes anything so I am sure it is innocent. He doesn't even get the Mary Jane comments.
8. I read a lot. This week I finished Jennifer Weiner's Certain Girls. I really liked it and could barely put it down. Last week, I read the Reader by Bernard Schlink. I know it won awards and people loved it. I didn't care for it at all.
9. I sing and dance in the car a lot. I give amazing performances. My poor children. My favorite tunes include Prince, U2, Justin Timberlake, Beyonce and anything else funky on the radio. No kids music in my van!
10. I am a poor swimmer. I cried through lessons as a child and then my parents let me drop out. I was then thrown in a pool in 5th grade and a friend saved me. I have taken lessons as an adult and I am still a weak swimmer. Maybe someday it will come...
11. I love all things Irish and Northern Irish. I was in the Ulster Project and then I studied abroad in Belfast, Northern Ireland. I still keep in contact with the "Irish teen" that was assigned to me in 1988. Hi Emma!
12. I talk too much in class and at meetings.
13. I love Las Vegas and thank goodness my husband does too. When things are going well financially, we go as often as we can beg relatives to watch the kids. We aren't the biggest gamblers. We just love the restaurants, lounges, pools and hotels.