My endocrinologist walked in and swore I was having a girl. "You are. I just know it. I can tell by looking at you. I am going to write it in your file so the next time you come back, I will know that I was right." She has no idea. Neither do I. But it is fun trying to figure it out!
Last week, a friend did the old folk "string test." She did it twice and both times, it said I was having a girl. This week, I did the Chinese Lunar test. It said I was having a boy. Personally, I feel that it might be a girl. But, I have been wrong before so who knows!
I used to say when I was pregnant with my first that "It doesn't matter, just as long as it is healthy." I said it but didn't really believe it with all of my heart. Now, with two healthy boys, I feel like I am pushing my luck having another. So when I say all I want is a healthy baby. I mean it. But, as an experienced mother, I have a few more requests. God if you are listening:
1. I want a sleeper. A good sleeper. Please.
2. I want a baby that is happy. No colic or allergies. Please.
3. I want a child that likes to sit and color, a gentle child. The child will not use the crayons as weapons or throw the crayons.
4. I want a child that is happy to play alone as well as play with others.
5. I want a child that will eat anything you put in front of them.
I know I am asking a lot God. But, it has been a really rough year. I am older and more tired. I am not sure I have the energy to do this again. I am on easy street now with my boys. They are older. I am spoiled. I haven't had the easiest time as a new mom and I am worried about doing it all again. So please, be gentle on me God. And as Mother Teresa said "I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much. " Amen.