Monday, November 23, 2009

No Malls: Priceless

Is there anything worse than shopping with children? I find it a form of torture.

Thank goodness for the internet. I was talking with friends yesterday over tea about Etsy.com. Have you heard about it? I was shocked that they hadn't. I love Etsy. Have you been there? Check out Etsy.com (click here). There is also a link on the right hand side of this page. My sister makes jewelry and custom mommy/grandma bracelets. They are beautiful.

I have bought jewelry for myself and gifts for my family. And check out the area where you can buy items for pennies. Go to the jewelry section and click on "items priced lower to higher" It is called "Pay it forward." People are giving away their jewelry. Really!!! And in this economy, you can't beat the prices on Etsy. You can find items at every price point.

So, go pour yourself some coffee or tea and settle in for some shopping. You will make some artist's day, support a small business and make someone's holiday a little more unique. And shopping without hearing "Mom, I have to go to the bathroom." Priceless.


And to kick off your holiday shopping, visit my sister's Etsy website. Let me know with a comment which item is your favorite. Each comment will be entered for MY favorite bracelet (hint, hint Lara). And if you mention this contest on Facebook and let me know, you will get two entries. Good luck and happy shopping! And if you'd like to see Lara's work in person, she will be at the SECPTA Holiday Shopping Spree on Tuesday, November 24 at the Solon Community Center from 7:30 p.m. to 10 p.m. There will be many, many tables set up with all types of vendors. They will also have a bake sale. Yummmm!!! It is a great night to cross some items off of your shopping list.

Don't forget to leave a comment to enter my contest for this gorgeous bracelet. Deadline to enter is December 5. Please make sure I know who you are and how to reach you!

23 comments:

Tessy said...

Oh my goodness! They are all so beautiful, but I think my favorite is the Funky Chic Chunky Hematite and Sterling Flower Necklace. Can't wait to check it out in person tomorrow!

Managed Chaos said...

I also like the Funky Chic Hematite and Sterling Flower Bracelet and the birthstone earrings. Your sister does beautiful work!

Managed Chaos said...

Just posted a link to the contest on my facebook page. http://www.facebook.com/#/profile.php?id=1046988239&ref=nf

Anonymous said...

Thanks G for supporting my jewelry.

The Shiplett Shop is offering 10% off for Blog shoppers on online orders when you mention this blog. Just put in Not Talking About It, Just Saying in the comments and I will reimbursh you 10% of the sale price. Thanks for supporting local artists.
:) Lara

Anonymous said...

I have the matching funky chic necklace...I would love to have the bracelet too...this set is my favorite! ~Aldee

Tessy said...

Posted the link on my facebook page

http://www.facebook.com/#/tsomers72?ref=nf

LazyTcrochet said...

I got to do a show with Lara last weekend! I really like the Gina earrings.

Jane Pierce aka zJayne said...

I've hearted this bracelet and it's a FAVorite. These glass earrings are great too!

http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=22856978

Emily said...

Love the choker necklace you posted, but I also like the Story Sky Shell earrings.

DBlackburn said...

Really love the LUCKY YOU choker/necklace... gorgeous. Lara's work is absolutely creative and enchanting. Thanks so much for the contest, whatta terrific opportunity :)

Deb

PS... saw the link for the contest and your blog on Michael's (Shiplett) FB Profile :)

Anonymous said...

Lara, beautiful, creative jewelry, I'm sure you'll have a successful Christmas season with such treasures!

Genny said...

Just stopping by to say hi!

Love that bracelet! It is really beautiful.

Hope you are well!

Genny

Dawn said...

Your sister's stuff is beutiful. I really like the THinking out of the Box necklace and the mother bracelets. :) Dawn

Anonymous said...

I love Laras work, it is gorgeous and well priced, and her service is top notch. My favorite is the chunky bracelet!

Unknown said...

I will continue to shop on-line and now at Lara's website.

Anonymous said...

I love the new modern mommy bracelet and of course the little girl's name bracelet. I can't wait till I think of my little girls name so I can add a strand to my bracelet. Lara's work is awesome.

= Deanna

Nicole Lieber said...

The pieces are all beautiful! I went to the Mommy/Grandma bracelets first and couldn't decide. I like them all! I think out of those though, I love the idea of the family bracelet withy the children's birthstones in them. I will be checking out more when I get the chance, that is for sure!! :)

Nicole Lieber said...

The pieces are all so beautiful and unique! I went to the Mommy/Grandma bracelets first and couldn't decide! I think I do like, especially the idea of, the family birthstone bracelet. I think that is great and the one she had pictured with the three daughters different shades of blue did make a beautiful one! I will, for sure, be checking out some more when I get the chance!!! :)

gina said...

Love the bracelet. wishing had extra money to buy self a gift from lara's etsy shop!!!
gina
mootrain@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

I like the funky chic chunky one!

Stacie

Joanne said...

So much to choose from. I love so many of Lara's pieces. I love this bracelet and the Winter Dreams Necklace.
I also posted link to contest on Facebook.
email is jnovey@wowway.com

Anonymous said...

My favorite is the Spring Fling- Sterling Child's Name Bracelet! So sweet for a little girl!

Jessica Schwendeman said...

That is a beautiful bracelet! I love Lara's work and have purchased a few personalized items from her. The work is great and she really takes care of her customers! Jessica S.

I'm Not Talking About It, I'm Just Saying...

Title