Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Wild Thing

I am good. I can procrastinate like no one I know. I fine tuned this skill in college. Who knew I would get so much use out of it as a stay at home mom. My latest project of procrastination? Baby gift thank you notes. Friends, if you are wondering where yours is, here is my REAL list of what I have done so I wouldn't have to finish this project.

Watched Dancing With the Stars It was pretty bad. What's up with Tom DeLay? So embarrassing.

I read an article in Oprah about crock pot cooking. Good article but only one recipe included. They got me all excited with nothing to do with it.

Googled my name and my maiden name. Who knew? A stripper and Target VP share my names.

Googled old friends who aren't on Facebook yet. What are they waiting for? Where are they? Are they looking for me?

Vacuumed my bedroom. It was bad. We had they baby two months ago. When I attempted sit-ups the other day, I couldn't believe how gross my floor was.

Organized my closet and got rid of as much maternity clothes as I could. So wish the jeans, underwear and a few shirts could have been packed away. Still working on the weight.

Ordered stamps from the post office website. It took tons of time because I can never remember my password and user name. Had to sign up again. Then I started looking at other websites from this site.

Checked Facebook a million times a day. Really. I know I am addicted. I had to use FB as a reward to bribe myself to finish the thank you cards. For every five finished, I could check FB.

So, two months later, there is a pile of thank you cards on my island in my kitchen. I am almost done. I have a few addresses that I have to find. It feels good to almost be done. Instead of writing a post about procrastination, I should be completing my thank you note project. But then, I wouldn't have a chance to watch the Tom Delay "Wild Thing" on Youtube that I just found...here I go again.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am with you! Here I am reading your blog instead of doing anything with this huge pile of work on my desk!

-c

amyjr said...

prcrastination is one of our greatest gifts to ourselves.. I finally sat down, instead of cleaning and watched the Emmy's from the other night. And now I am looking at FB and reading my friends blogs.LOL:-D

MIT Mommy said...

I was going to say something clever, but I decided to put off thinking about it.

I'm Not Talking About It, I'm Just Saying...

Title