Sunday, December 7, 2008

The Best Belly Ache


Last night, I laughed until my stomach ached. Over what? I really can't remember. It was the company. The ladies at my table made me sick with laughter. I haven't had so much fun in months. Seriously. What were doing? Really nothing. We gathered a group of women together to create a surprise for a friend who's husband has cancer. So, for hours, we worked on this little surprise (I will post pics once the surprise has been given to the family.) We worked. We ate. We drank (Coke for me) and we laughed and laughed.

I am going to invite people over more often like this. It didn't cost me much. Everyone brought something to share and it made me clean my house. It was a perfect evening. On the invite, I even included the words "store bought encouraged" for the food to share. I wanted a night with no pressure. No fuss. Just friends. And that was exactly what I got.


So why not pull out the datebook for January or February when the days are long and spring is so far away? Invite some people over that will make you laugh. Don't sell anything. Just some good conversation with great friends. I know I will.


I am so glad that I took pictures last night*. It is a night I never want to forget. It was a night when nothing extraordinary really happened except that friendships were deepened, new friendships may have formed and bonds were secured. It was a night to remember. Dear friends, I am so lucky to have you in my life. Thank you for your laughter, tears and belly aches!


*I will share real photos of the night once the surprise has been given.

12 comments:

OHmommy said...

Oh man.

You had vino and I missed it? We had a sick week. I'm sorry to have missed such a fun night.

You can drop off some at my house, if you need help finishing them, when you drop off the boys for that playdate this week.

Jessica said...

Sounds like so much fun!

The Mom Jen said...

Sounds like my kind of belly ache!

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

How fun. And, I love the idea of store bought only.

Jessica said...

I am so sad I had to miss it! We have had some sick tummies in our home...no fun and no need to share the joy :)

Clare said...

sounds like a blast, can i come over next time??

Jennifer said...

that is awesome. i'm glad you had a good time. and you know you all seem to be doing a lot more than helping a family in need... you seem to be all helping one another too. that is awesome.

can't wait to see more pictures.
:)

xoxox

Anonymous said...

That was a rockin' nite! I actually had tears that nite from laughter. I might have to do a nite with just the girls, everyone bring something and no "selling." I love that idea!

Mom said...

Sounds like a great time! I will try to set one up in my nek of the woods. LOL

Rhea said...

I can't wait to hear about the surprise. What a wonderful way to get together to do something for someone else, relax and enjoy friends. I love it!!

enthalpymama said...

It was an AWESOME night. Thank you again for hosting. You assuage my guilt for not leaving until 1am, although I know it wasn't just me!!

Can't wait to see the pictures of the surprise, although I'm sure it won't come out as beautiful as it was in real life. I've tried to describe it, but it was even lovelier than that. I still can't believe how overwhelming it was on so many levels.

AreWeThereYet? said...

DITTO enthalpy mama.

It was a memory that I hope never leaves me. In fact, when my life flashes before my eyes, this may be one of them.

I was another that stayed too late. Think I just didn't want to leave the magic of the night.

Thanks for hosting!!!

I'm Not Talking About It, I'm Just Saying...

Title