Sunday, July 26, 2009

Drum Roll Please...She's Here

She is here and she is beautiful. What mother doesn't think her babies are beautfiful? You will have to trust me here people. I am still in the hospital with no pics of her just yet to upload. They are on my camera but I have none downloaded.

Elle Morgan was born on Friday with a planned c-section. Everything went better than expected for the surgery. I was able to communicate and was more "with it" than with my first two. The whole experience was surreal. We both could not believe we were having another baby. We still are a little shocked. And she's a girl. Good thing we found out a little early because it is still sinking in. I have called her "he" countless times.

On the day Elle was born, our hospital was having a baby boom. There so many babies that c-section people did not get assigned rooms until late in the day. And then when I was assigned a room, it was a small room with a roommate. C-section people usually have their babies sleep in the nursery because you can't move for the first day. They bring the baby to you as needed. But, there were so many babies in the nursery that nurses recommended that Elle stay with me so she could rest. So, all four of us were in a tiny room for the night.

On the next day, I was reassigned to a single room. It is AWESOME! The nurse said it is the VIP room for local celebrities. They must have heard about Indy the blogger from Cleveland! LOL. So now, I am writing comfortably in my VIP room with Elle snoozing in her little bed. My recovery from the c-section is going well and every day, I feel stronger and in less pain.

So welcome little Elle. Mommy is so excited to get to know you. To smell you. To hold you. To cradle you. To feed you. To touch your tootsies. To stroke your soft face. And to even clean the poopie diapers. It is all so sweet. Little Ellie, your mama loves you.

17 comments:

Managed Chaos said...

What wonderful news! So glad that she has arrived and that you're finally able to get to know your little GIRL! BTW, I love the name Elle

OHmommy said...

Congrats. Can't wait to meet her!!!

GypsiAdventure said...

Congratulations! I'm glad everything went well and you're recovering well.
~K

Sherry said...

Congratulations to you and your family! Can't wait to meet Elle :)

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the family Elle!
Love, Aunt Aldee

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

Congratulations...can't wait until you get to share the pictures.

Glad everything went well and you are recovering.

Miss E said...

Congratulations and welcome to sweet Elle! So glad everyone is healthy and doing well. Can't wait to see her!

MommyWizdom said...

Congratulations, how exciting!!

MommyWizdom

Kelbabe said...

This is definitely a post you need to keep for Elle to read when she gets older. xoxooxo

Kelly said...

Congratulations! Best wishes!

MIT Mommy said...

Stopped by to show Andrew pictures of our new baby girlfriend. We are very excited!!

Anonymous said...

"Touch your tootsies" ... love that you already love her so much!

MamaJoss said...

Just stopped in from a link via OHMommy - Congratulations! Speedy recovery and enjoy your new baby girl :)

Jessica said...

I missed this post...but man I am so excited to catch up and read it! Congratulations, Indy! I am so excited for you - and I love Elle's name. Perfect! And, it's not "boring" if you ask me!

Kat said...

I am so sorry I am late to the party. CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!
It is so good to hear of such a happy birth story. Yay! That is just wonderful.
Glad to hear your recovery is going well and you and baby are healthy.
Can't wait to see pics!
CONGRATS again! :)

AreWeThereYet? said...

I just love happy endings when the good guys fall in love and it lasts forever.....

TUC said...

Yay hooray! Welcome Elle...(where the heck have I been... I can't believe I missed this!) I am so happy to hear all is great. Pictures please ;-)

I'm Not Talking About It, I'm Just Saying...

Title