Monday, May 18, 2009

Finding Answers

I reached a new low today as a Stay at Home Mom (SAHM). I have read on other people's Facebook pages that they have found their calling as a SAHM. They wouldn't trade it for the world. Wait, I think I wrote that on my Facebook page. Anyway, I hit rock bottom today. I was completely bored. Bored. Bored. Bored.

I feel like one of the kids who complain to me that they have nothing to do. Like them, I have a bunch to do. I just don't feel like doing much of it. How much can you clean? How much can you be online? How many times can you play Uno with your child before you feel like you are going crazy?

Lack of funds and lack of energy has been keeping me close to home. A friend asked me today if I was "getting out." I wondered what she meant. I am still wondering. How much can a pregnant mom who has to watch her child all day be getting out? Big day tomorrow! I am going grocery shopping. And if I am feeling crazy, I might go to two stores.

I know all moms whether they work or not feel a little stir crazy at times. I ended up spending the day, between playing Sorry with Kyle and cleaning, looking at birth announcements. I got through it. Days like this make you wonder how long can you stay home. But a recession like this helps answer the question. Somehow, you have to figure out to stay home, do what you need to do but entertain yourself so you don't go crazy. It has been six years and I have usually been too busy to even worry about trying to stay sane. Today make me wonder. What do I have to do? In nine weeks, I am sure I will have to table this discussion for awhile. But, I am still searching for the answer at this point. Not sure where or when I will find the answer.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I've felt that way before, but it's been awhile for me. I pray God gives you peace about your situation.

OHmommy said...

i have felt like that before. please pick up that phone you hate and bring K over for a lunch time playdate. you come too.

i never ever ever leave the house from 12 to 3. naptime. i am always home going a little stir crazy myself. xo

Jessica said...

I'm not a mother, nor a stay at home anything, but I feel like it's something I would love to do someday, but that's what I would worry about too. Getting bored.

You're not the only one, Indy! No worries! My coworker stayed at home for a while after she had her baby and was bored.out.of.her.mind and couldn't wait to get back into work. Don't feel bad!

Laura said...

"Boredom" is usually what gets me in trouble. Next you will be volunteering to be the local PTA president to fill the void . . . then when you finally are the PTA president you think, I don't have time for this . . . Enjoy it while you can!

Managed Chaos said...

While I'm not a SAHM, I do get bored with the routine of everyday life. I know I should love playing catch with my little man EVERY night, but I admit it does get boring after a while (I felt the same way with Candy Land when they were little ;o) Hang in there...and go have yourself a playdate with OHMommy ;o)

MIT Mommy said...

Awww. I almost called you yesterday, but I thought Kyle was at school in the morning. We were at the park - and listened to the band for awhile.

Call me. K and Gladys could play Uno together. I'll even make you tea (not hot chocolate, although I promise I can do better than McNasty)

I'm Not Talking About It, I'm Just Saying...

Title