Wednesday, May 20, 2009

She Lost Her Sheep?

I did the unthinkable for a Stay At Home Mom (SAHM). I willingly went on a preschool field trip. Now, some SAHM's will go if is their baby's last field trip. Maybe they will sign-up if their child begs. Or maybe they will sign-up if they feel guilty. Most of the time, they don't go because they hate to lose precious free time to get things done.

I went today to the Cleveland Metropark Zoo and we had a great time. I really did. It was an absolutely perfect, gorgeous Ohio day. Being pregnant made me more aware of my size, my swollen feet and my thirst. But, the kids were great and I enjoyed spending time with Kyle and his class.

Jokingly, I told OHmommy on my way onto the school bus that I needed blogging material so I was going on the trip. As I ate lunch, nothing seemed to be blog worthy.

But then, bingo. I found it.

We saw a woman/man dressed up like Little Bo Peep. We were at the zoo. There were no story telling programs for fairy tales going on. She was with her family. It was a hot day. She/he was wearing a wig, long ruffled socks and a HUGE bow on her head. This is the best picture I could take without getting beat up.



Anyone have a guess why he/she was dressed like this? Not talking, just saying...weird.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is so crazy!!! Definitely blog worthy. Glad you had fun at the zoo...it was so nice out!

Flea said...

Merciful heavens. If it weren't for the wig and bow, it would be tempting to think she's just crazy.

Anonymous said...

too funny! reading this made a great start to my workday!

CB

Managed Chaos said...

Wow, my daughter's first grade class went to the Cleveland Zoo yesterday too...I'll have to ask her if she saw the "Little Bo Peep"

Glad you had a good day at the zoo (and were able to break out of the everday routine of things)

JacSak said...

Wow! What a nut! No sheep at the zoo though, maybe she was supposed to be at Lake Farmpark! :)

TUC said...

lol, though next time I would implore you to get a little closer. I can only imagine the details of the outfit!

Anonymous said...

Wow. Just wow. I'm not sure if I should be majorly impressed with that mama because she threw "normalcy" into the wind ... or concerned :)

Regardless - glad you risked taking the shot (although I don't think Little Bo Peep would beat up a pregnant woman, would she?)

MIT Mommy said...

I'm not sure how I missed this one, but it just popped to the top in my Reader - I thought for SURE that you lost the kids at the zoo. But, who would have guessed that you really saw Little Bo Peep herself?

I'm Not Talking About It, I'm Just Saying...

Title