When I land in Vegas, I like that I feel normal. No matter what I wear, do, say or act, I am normal. No one judges you there. You will always find people that are freakier or funkier than you are. Your wildest is nothing there. I love that.
Walmart is a lot like Vegas.
1. No matter what you wear. You are fine. Stain on your shirt. Fine. Ripped sweater. No problem. Shoes not matched. Betcha no one notices.
2. Your kids are better behaved than most others. No matter how your kids are acting, there is a kid acting worse a few aisles away.
3. Whatever you put in your cart is nothing to be ashamed about. Little Debbies, frozen pizza and tons of pop. Feel no shame. Someone is eating worse than you.
4. You hate Walmart and are ashamed to be shopping there? So is everyone else. Get over it.
5. Don't feel like bringing your cloth shopping bags? Not really encouraged or accepted. Don't feel bad. Plastic is fine and easier for the workers.
6. Like Vegas, the price seems cheap. But somehow, $150 later, you leave and wonder how you blew so much cash. Too bad Walmart doesn't serve alcohol while you shop.
So in this economy, we might have to skip visiting Las Vegas. Plan yourselves a date night and head to your nearest Walmart some late evening entertainment. I am sure you will find some people and stories that would rival a night in Vegas. And don't worry, what happens in Walmart, stays in Walmart.
The Open Road
4 years ago