Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Not Very Smart

I had a babysitting co-op meeting last night. It was a little long but not too bad. As I was getting ready to leave, I noticed a Ford car parked behind mine. Who's car was it? Well, I will go back into the meeting and just wait it out.

The chair of the co-op and the president of our mom's club were ironing out some details about the group. I'll wait. No hurry.

Then, the host of the house sat down and started talking to the other women. It went on and on. We talked about the U.S. education system. We talked about other countries. We talked about our preschool PTA. On and on we talked. I was so sleepy. At this point, I hated to say "Would you move your car?" But I should have.

When the other ladies finally decided to leave, they went to their vans on the street! It was the husband of the host that parked behind me. I could have left at any time if I would have asked. I then had to go in and ask the host to move the car. I got home from a babysitting co-op meeting at 11:30 p.m. What? Not very smart.

3 comments:

OHmommy said...

I am a babysitting co-op dropout. ;) Cause, I would have done the same thing... discussed the world's affairs before asking to move my car.

KG said...

I would have been like "GET YOUR ARSE OUT AND MOVE YOUR CAR!" Subtlety and tact are two things I lack.

toshi said...

Yes, it was MY husband's car that was parked behind yours. I do not know why he parked behind you. I might have even had time to ask him if I wasn't at your house drinking Cabernet until 11pm!!! Thanks, though, I had a great time and wasn't itching to leave, in spite of being able to move my car at will.

I'm Not Talking About It, I'm Just Saying...

Title