Friday, August 22, 2008

Used To Be a Fan of Old Fashioned Birthday Parties

I have read many posts where people are against the big birthday parties for kids. I wrote one myself. But, I have to be honest, I have taken a walk on the dark side and guess what? I like it. I like it a lot.

I am having my oldest's birthday party at Chuck E. Cheese's on Saturday. I am so stress free that I am almost forgetting that I am having the party.

Normally, I am fretting about the state of my house. I am cleaning. I am shopping for food for adults that won't eat. I am worrying how I will entertain the kids. I spend so much time and energy before party worrying. I know. I know. There is no need. I get that. But, I do. Nothing will change that. It is just who I am.

I called my sister who is also taking a walk on the dark side this weekend for her twins and she is also carefree. We are like giddy school girls. We both can't believe how easy this is. This is the reason why there are so many people having parties at bouncy places, pizza places and party centers.

Parents are busy and this is so easy. Yes, there is a place for the old-fashioned birthday party. I have had those and I am sure we will have them again. Ryan asked for this party and I thought I was giving in. He has no idea how happy this party has made me this week. We'll see if I am so carefree after two hours in Chuck E. Cheese's with 12 boys and 2 brave girls. Good thing I bought a bottle wine for my hubby and I for Saturday night. We are going to need it.

8 comments:

Kat said...

Sounds like fun to me!

Anonymous said...

Good for you, Indy! The kids are going to love that party. Happy birthday!

Someone Being Me said...

Who doesn't love Chucky Cheese? It should be a lot of fun.

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

I like the idea of not doing it at home, too! I don't know what we will do this year. Izzy's bday is 10-14 and I'm due 10-16...guess she probably won't get one this year.

Clare said...

oh Indy, have fun!!! good luck, I am sure it will turn out great!

Rhea said...

It is so nice to have some birthday parties like this, at the Mouse's place or a laser tag place or what have you. It's so nice and easy for the parents! Totally worth it. :o)

Good luck tomorrow!! And hAppy Birthday!

Tootsie Farklepants said...

I'm all for having the party somewhere I don't have to clean up after. That's my motto.

enthalpymama said...

This is probably why I had a mint julep in my hand when guests arrived at my son's party. (Unfortunately, I don't learn well on these things). Even so, I think there is room for both. Isn't it awesome that we have choices??

I'm Not Talking About It, I'm Just Saying...

Title