Thursday, September 4, 2008

Getting What I Deserve

I went home to visit my parents yesterday. It was a hot, hot day for Ohio. As I was driving the hour home, I started to wonder if my air was broken in my van. I never have it on full blast but I did yesterday. It stayed on high the whole way home. I decided it was working, just having trouble keeping up with the heat. It was 91 degree outside. Thank goodness if was working.

When I got home, I noticed that I forgot to turn the air down so my house would be cooler in the evening. Dang it. My kids are pretty fussy when it comes to heat (and a lot of other things). So, I was annoyed at myself. The house would never cool by bedtime. I started to make dinner (with the oven) and noticed that the house was getting unbearable. We have tons of windows and the house just bakes in the afternoon sun. I kept checking the thermostat. 76, 79, 80, 81, 82, what? It wasn't going down, but up. Our air conditioning in our house is broken. Double dang it.

I totally deserve this. I wrote this post on September 2:

I am always cold. Even in the summer, it is not uncommon to find me wearing my slippers and a sweatshirt. I prefer no air conditioning. But, unfortunately, I have lost that battle with my husband and kids. So, air conditioning it is.

I got what I deserved this time. In the past, I had a few instances where I had written a post and something good happened right afterwards. I called them blogging miracles. I should have known this would happen when I wrote about the air conditioning. Do you any superstitions that you won't talk about for fear they will come true? I never brag how long it has been since my kid has had a cold. (Note to self, use Purell tonight when he comes off the bus). I also don't like to talk about my van and how well it has been running (Note to self, make appointment for routine check-up). Don't worry, comment sections are worry free areas of the post where nothing bad will happen if you write it. Cross your fingers.

9 comments:

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

Oh, no, our friends' just went out, too! Not fun! I hope you guys don't bake.

Kat said...

The minute I started reading this post I remembered the last one you had written about always being cold. hehe ;)

OHmommy said...

Oh no. It has been so hot here... I am always hot. Always.

I can't wait for the Fall where I can open up my windows all night long. I sleep like a baby then.

Anonymous said...

Oh, God, you poor thing! It's been nasty here the past two days. ugh! I'm knocking on wood that ours doesn't go. I would have to go sleep somewhere else.

Rhea said...

Oh, man, I hate a hot car and a hot home. What a pain! Hope it gets fixed quickly and inexpensively!

enthalpymama said...

How ironic! Angie's list called me today to see how I'm doing. Okay, they didn't REALLY want to know that, but I told them who NOT to call when your air conditioning breaks. I also told them who to definitely call . . . . Did you get it fixed?

Stephanie said...

Lol...I don't have superstitions about anything I write, unfortunately, I've just accepted that Murphy will and always has been my best friend and EVERYTHING I talk about will always be contradicted at some point.

Genny said...

It's so hot here right now that I can't imagine if our air conditioner broke! Hope yours gets fixed soon.

Clare said...

i am totally silly like that! i hate when hubby says, 'oh bradley is so tired he will take a great nap' it is usually just 45 minutes instead of three hours, just because he said that!

good luck with the ac, i love a cold house!

I'm Not Talking About It, I'm Just Saying...

Title