Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Ran Away From Nike

I went shoe shopping today. My workout shoes were killing me. So, off I went to DSW. As I attempted to try on as many pairs as possible before Elle started screaming, I stopped right in front of the Nike section. Hmmm. I am too pissed off at Tiger to even try them on. Weird. I knew that with each woman (up to #9 now) coming forward, I was disgusted. But, I never expected the gut wrenching reaction that I had when I was looking at shoes.



So what will the companies that use Tiger's image do? If most men don't care, they won't react. But, the only thing that would get me to try a Nike product or buy Gilette would be an Oprah endorsement and that ain't happening any time soon. As the weeks unfold and more tales are told, what will the sponsors do? I know that many people say it is Tiger and his wife's business. It is if you are a private person. When you start trying to sell me products and I am buying into your image, it becomes more complicated. I found that out as I bought my new Saucony running shoes.


And in case you are wondering, I beat my husband in the last two months of our weight loss competition. I am down about 15 lbs. from September 20. Yahooooo!!!!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree about not buying Nike. Jon asked for running shoes for Christmas, and I definitely won't be buying him Nike. I had Saucony's for years and loved them. Great jon on the weight loss. I have fallen off the wagon...time to get back on. ~Aldee

Anonymous said...

Way to go on beating the husband!!

Hear, hear on not buying Nike! What else does he have endorsements for?

Kat said...

I don't like Nike running shoes anyway. They are never as comfy as Asics. But that is just my opinion.
And I specifically DO NOT buy anything Oprah endorses. But I'm goofy like that. ;)

AreWeThereYet? said...

15 lbs is a BIG deal! WAY TO GO!!! That is fabulous! Relish this huge accomplishment. You are my new hero.

Anonymous said...

Happy to be married to a banker and not an athlete right about now!

Running shoes- love New Balance and I hear they are made in the U.S.A. :) Lara

Kat said...

I wish I could comment on your post from the 13th. I understand why you took the comments off, but I need to tell you how much the post meant to me.
I'm struggling through these first holidays without my dad.
My thoughts are with you.

I'm Not Talking About It, I'm Just Saying...

Title