Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Almost Lost Him to the Royal Throne


Before I start talking about toilets, I wanted to say thank you for all of the love and support I received this week. Not only from the comments, but from the phone calls, emails and Facebook messages. At my sister's party last week, I opened up to a former supervisor. I told her "I have no idea why I blog. I sometimes think I will quit but then I can't stop." She then said "You must get something from it or you wouldn't take the time." She is right. This week, I got so much support from everyone. I know it is one reason I write. Thank you for taking the time to show your love and support. I felt it. Now back to toilets and laughter....




"Ewww! My hands are in the toilet! Ewww! My hands are in the toilet!" I screamed and yelled at my kids. While I had my hands in the toilet and screaming, I was really thinking I have to catch this stinken frog or my husband will kill me. I just paid $10 for this thing. I then realized that I should be more worried about my children losing their frog to the royal thrown. Ry and Kyle will cry if I don't catch the little bugger before it goes into the hole in the toilet. They raised him from a tadpole. It would be traumatic to lose him. Who knew aquatic frogs were so darn slippery? Then I yelled "I think I have him. Quick, grab the aquarium. I got it. I got him." The kids couldn't stop laughing at me. They couldn't wait to tell Daddy when he got home from work about Mom's hands in the toilet.




















Ry's frog squeezed though the hole in his aquarium as I was emptying it out. There is a correct way to do it that was described in the froggy "how to booklet" but I couldn't find the plastic piece that I was supposed to use. I thought I could just tip it gently and I could keep the frog in the container. Nope. They are extremely fast and slippery. The frog is bigger than the hole. But he just slipped out. See the hole in the top of the dome in this picture below?


I washed my hands at least ten more times that night. I am a freak about germs and I still can't believe how long I had to fish around that toilet bowl to get that stinken frog. One of my friends at preschool told me the other day that I am a good mom for boys. We have three hermit crabs, three aquatic frogs, tons of fish, a dog and cat. Yep, I am a boys' kind of mom. A boys' kind of mom who better figure out a better way to clean out the aquarium or at least buy more Purell.




9 comments:

Kat said...

Aww. You are such a good mom! Lucky kids. :)

Clare said...

go mommy!!! that is too cute, I hope that bradley's frogs don't end up in the toilet, or i am in trouble!

Jessica said...

You are much braver than I could EVER be. Frogs are NOT my thing, never have been...never will be. Way to go, Mom!

Flea said...

Bwahahaha! You have much more fun to come, having boys. I can send you some millipedes if you'd like. :)

enthalpymama said...

How 'bout I just leave Andrew and George at your place awhile. You blow me out of the (toilet) water on this one!!! Ewwww. I thought having had to fish my keys out of the toilet was gross. (Yes, I washed my keys. I even sprayed them with bleach).

OHmommy said...

Your place is slowly turning into a zoo. How many living things are you accountable for now?

LOL. Cute.

Mc Allen said...

oh yes, a GREAT mom for boys!!!!! I'm withcha ewwww! What a funny memory tho! :) L A

Stephanie said...

Thats awesome (and yet so gross!!)
Glad you caught the fish!!

Stephanie said...

ewww, gross! You definitely have a good "boys" perspective. I, myself, would have thrown up even at the IDEA of having to touch a frog. And I'm not even a girly girl! Don't know what it is about the things I hate so much. Makes me dread the days where my son brings home something like that!

I'm Not Talking About It, I'm Just Saying...

Title