Wednesday, August 18, 2010

What Do You Do All Day?

I have had some friends ask me what I do all day with just Elle at home.

Well after the maid comes, I sit back and just have a cup of tea.

Really? Are you kidding me? I bust my butt. OK. I do for about 15 minutes and then I check Facebook. I then go to my list of things to do and do at least one thing. Then I take a little break and keep going until the baby wakes up. I am constantly moving and trying to keep up with everything.

I have a friend who reads tons of books and she works too. I don't know how she keeps up with everything. We spent the weekend at her house and everything was in its place. Everything. I have asked how she does it but I don't think she understands why I wonder. I still don't know how she does it. Another friend volunteers a lot. She asked me if I was volunteering this year. I smiled and blamed the baby but inside I am thinking that I don't want to add anything else to my list of things to do.

The kids started school yesterday. And it is all coming back into line. The litter box is changed. The RSVP's have been contacted. My email is somewhat checked. And I am writing. I am getting back into synch. And back I go to my list of things to do for the day. In case you are wondering, it reads:

Send thank you to aunt for baby gift.
RSVP for Labor Day picnic.
Figure out dinner for sister-in-law that just had a baby
Clean bathroom in bedroom
Change the litterbox
Find old soccer water bottles in garage (don't ask)
Buy a yellow folder for Kyle

I have about 1/2 done and about two hours before Kyle comes home. Not bad. I am off to cross off two or three before Elle wakes up from her nap. So that's what I do with myself all day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I feel like I am always trying to cross off my list of things to do too! I sometimes like folding laundry because then I "let" myself sit down and watch some t.v. while I do it. Not sure how the ladies of the past had time to watch soap operas, maybe our computer time and facebook take the place of the soap operas.

Glad you are writing again.

I'm Not Talking About It, I'm Just Saying...

Title