Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Oh Baby!

My endocrinologist walked in and swore I was having a girl. "You are. I just know it. I can tell by looking at you. I am going to write it in your file so the next time you come back, I will know that I was right." She has no idea. Neither do I. But it is fun trying to figure it out!

Last week, a friend did the old folk "string test." She did it twice and both times, it said I was having a girl. This week, I did the Chinese Lunar test. It said I was having a boy. Personally, I feel that it might be a girl. But, I have been wrong before so who knows!

I used to say when I was pregnant with my first that "It doesn't matter, just as long as it is healthy." I said it but didn't really believe it with all of my heart. Now, with two healthy boys, I feel like I am pushing my luck having another. So when I say all I want is a healthy baby. I mean it. But, as an experienced mother, I have a few more requests. God if you are listening:

1. I want a sleeper. A good sleeper. Please.

2. I want a baby that is happy. No colic or allergies. Please.

3. I want a child that likes to sit and color, a gentle child. The child will not use the crayons as weapons or throw the crayons.

4. I want a child that is happy to play alone as well as play with others.

5. I want a child that will eat anything you put in front of them.

I know I am asking a lot God. But, it has been a really rough year. I am older and more tired. I am not sure I have the energy to do this again. I am on easy street now with my boys. They are older. I am spoiled. I haven't had the easiest time as a new mom and I am worried about doing it all again. So please, be gentle on me God. And as Mother Teresa said "I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much. " Amen.



16 comments:

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

Can you pray those things for me, too, when/if #3 comes? I've had some doozies, as well (see my recent post).

And, with my current child, I've cut out all dairy from my diet...yeah, that's fun.

I pray all of those come true for your next baby!

Stephanie said...

Chinese Lunar always seems to be right when I have checked in the past! We shall see!
I'm kind of thinking girl though!
This post was too funny! I hope He hears all your requests!! :)

Kat said...

I love that quote by Mother Theresa. Ha! Love it.

The Chinese Calendar was right on my first two but wrong on my third. This time it says girl. My sister (who has never been wrong before) swears this one is a girl, but Todd and I bet her a 100 bucks it is a boy. I really don't have a feeling either way but it seems the odds are in favor of a boy. ;)
I DOUBLE the prayer about a good sleeper. That would be GREAT! :)

OHmommy said...

OMG I have never heard that quite before. I love. Im adopting it.

I think that is a common worry with the third child that you are pushing your luck. I have talked to others about this too. It's normal, I felt the same way.

LOL at your wishes though. My 3rd is one heck of a troublemaker. I made her that way, Im sure. Giving into everything because Im older and more tired.

Cant wait to watch you this next year. :)

MIT Mommy said...

I hope you get all of that. My third is a gentle one. It is definitely possible!!!

GypsiAdventure said...

Oh honey...I hope you get what you want...at least some of it. I know my second was much easier than my first and boy was I happy! :)

~K

Jessica said...

Good luck with those wishes, Indy. I think you'll need a lot of prayers!!!

McMommy said...

You make me want to go for a third now.

Especially if God adheres to your list.

:)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your pregnancy. I just found your blog via MIT Mommy. My 3rd and 4th babies were dream babies. SO easy, no colic, and wonderful sleepers. Especially #3. #4 had a few more teething problems so was up at night a bit more, but still nothing like the first two.

I'm sure you've heard this before, but having a 3rd is MUCH easier than having a 2nd, in part because you're more experienced and relaxed, but mainly because you already have two kids who can play together while you care for baby instead of the nightmare of having your 2nd, when you have a lone toddler who's clamoring for your attention 24-7 while you're trying to care for the baby.

Stephanie said...

God doesn't give us anything we can't handle! Check out The Secrets of the Baby Whisperer. It will teach you how to MAKE your newest addition sleep well. All my kids slept through the night by 3 months old. Not bragging, just saying that book was a Godsend for me!

Anonymous said...

They say to tell the universe what you want. You put it out there. I am sure you will get a beautiful healthy, patient, easy going baby. With experience comes wisdom and patience. You are a pro and will be great- and so will the baby!

Anonymous said...

here are some words from Teresa of Avila to add to the other Teresa:

all shall be well
all shall be well
and all manner of thing(s) shall be well

Anonymous said...

I wish ALL of these things for you too, Indy!

Rhea said...

Oh, wonderful photo.

Those are some great requests...but sound completely undoable to me. lol My boys have thrown, made crayons into weapons, never eaten everything I put in front of them, but we haven't had bad allergies, thank goodness.

And they're healthy, which means a lot.

Anonymous said...

Gina-The Blogs about your pregnancy are fresh! (Fresh is a cool word right? lol) So fun and heartfelt. Just had to tell ya, really like reading them!

Anonymous said...

I had fun reading your list, and am wishing the same for my 3rd baby. I already have 2 boys and everyone, including my doctor think this one's a girl, except the Chinese Lunar! Too funny. Nice to find your blog.

I'm Not Talking About It, I'm Just Saying...

Title