Thursday, April 17, 2008

Sucka!

Today, Ryan, my five year old ran into my bathroom in such a rush that it scared me. He said, "Mom, you have to tell Dad he has to get to Sears." What? Sears? We never go to Sears. Ever. "Why do we need to get to Sears?" "Because the sale is only until Friday." Oh, advertising again.

My poor son. He is sucker for every ad he sees. Have you ever seen the ad for the ugly purse that is sort of an organizer? They run it on Nickelodeon. He thinks I need that. He also thinks I also need the flower seeds that come in a large roll and magically become wild flowers. Santa already brought him the rocket fishing rod that he begged and begged for. Yep, saw it on commercials before Christmas.

But today, I got smart with the DVR. Ryan doesn't care for hand sanitizers much. He always bellyaches when I make him put it on his hands. So today, there was a great commercial that showed germs on a kid and all over his hands. Knowing that Ryan cannot resist a commercial, I made sure Ryan was near the TV. I replayed the commercial about germs and the hand sanitizer. Done. Fell for it hook, line and sinker.

Finally, a commercial I don't mind that he falls for.

3 comments:

Rhea said...

hahaha My younger son (who just turned 6) used to be the same way. Those darn commercials.

Someone Being Me said...

Clever momma. Way to turn it around to work for you. Thanks for stopping by my blog. I read your last few posts and I really enjoyed your blog. I will be back.

OHmommy said...

Do NOT show the rocket fishing rod to Jay.

AWESOME post. :)

I'm Not Talking About It, I'm Just Saying...

Title