Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Always Something to Fear

This past week with Earth Day, we've all heard a lot about what a waste water bottles are. Nearly 70% are not recycled and the cost to transport them is incredible. A couple of years ago, we all used to refill water bottles with tap water. It seemed like a good idea. Washing them in the dishwasher seemed smart because we could sterilize them. All was good until there was rumblings about the toxins that can be released when they are exposed to heat.


For awhile, I somehow managed to ignore the rumblings. But this year, as the weather got warmer, I started to feel really guilty filling my children's water bottles for the park. Was I exposing them to something that will eventually cause cancer? So many things are rumored to cause cancer. I know I cannot avoid them all. But, making a simple switch was something I could do without much hassle. So, I just ordered aluminum water bottles for the boys and myself. They are extremely expensive. But, it at least relieved mommy guilt for at least today.

4 comments:

OHmommy said...

Really?

Hmmm... I might look into that.

ConverseMomma said...

The whole plastic thing scared me too. I replaced every bottle, sippy cup, waterbottle ect in our house. It was expensive, but worth it.

Jessica said...

Did you just internet search for aluminum water bottles? Any suggestions?

Indy said...

I just typed in safe water bottles or aluminum water bottles. Here is a link of the place where I found safe bottles.
http://www.onlinefitness.com/

There are many sites but the price looks about the same regardless.

I'm Not Talking About It, I'm Just Saying...

Title