I have noticed a somber mood with moms lately at preschool. It could be the 50 degree weather we are having in Ohio. It could be the rain or lack of sunshine. But as I talk to moms, it seems to be that moms are thinking about the end of the school year. Most of the moms are wondering how to fill the time. Without school to attend daily, we must create a new schedule. A means to survival is required.
Let's think positive about this change of season!
1. You won't need to find socks that match. Encourage sandal wearing. Barefoot is even better.
2. Ponytails for your hair is acceptable especially for summer.
3. Your kids won't have any high water pants in the summer.
4. Mornings can be lazy. No rushing off to preschool. No book bags.
5. You can embrace your inner child with sidewalk chalk and lots of bubbles.
6. Chasing butterflies.
7. Just think of February. How can we not be happy in the summer?
8. Older moms say we miss this time in our lives. I am going to be more present and enjoy it more this summer.
9. Extra hours of sunlight. I love the long days of summer.
10. Ice cream!!!
Disclaimer: This post started out very negative for me. I tried to turn it around and not be such a negative nelly. So, if you aren't feeling all that positive about the summer break. I feel ya sista!
My name is Indy and I am from Ohio. I am married to a great husband and have two little boys and a baby girl. I have worked at a college in the past. But, have decided to stay home and take care of my children. Toughest bosses in the world. Wouldn't miss it for anything!
Last year, one of our dear friends created the phrase, "I'm not talking about it, I'm just saying." It is the perfect phrase when you really shouldn't be talking about something but you just can't resist. This blog provides entertainment for me and new frienships. Thanks for stopping by. I'd love to hear your comments and I hope you will return soon.